11 October 2006

Mandela and Gandhi

Reading Mandela's autobiography, Long walk to freedom, now.

I really like his usage of English words, I remember the first time I read his writings from the TIME magazine 'Person of the Century" edition, he likes to mix simple and difficult words together ... he wrote something like " constitution and guns " ... something like that.

Can't wait to go back and continue his book. A lot of times about his struggle as a Freedom Fighter, compare to Malcom X autobiography, he's book is 'less hate' sentences or sometimes I don't feel any 'hate' words at all. I see a lot of struggle in his book, and he uses a lot of laymen's term, I think. Easy to understand...

Gandhi inspired him. I quickly go and watch the VCD which I bought since 1999 last Saturday! His story is also very inspiring! How he try to defy the British, The walk to ??? to make salt.
Bapuji Gandhi!

One day I am going to make a speech about them :)

1 comment:

Angie Siew said...

Hey how r u... wish u all the best in ur speech ya! Take care!