28 June 2007

How to make technical training more interesting.

My boss is giving Oracle SQL and PL/SQL tuning workshop right now and I feel pretty boring. I am right now sitting at one corner here figuring out how to make technical heavy training more interesting. Here are a few tips which I can think of:

1. Think of the audience first!
My boss just talking away in front and never bother about the students in front! The students with thier laptop in front just surfing away. I think my boss explaination is just too technical. He should put less technical material, like something easier to be understood. This will lighten up the presentation.

2. Have discussion group.
Should have some case study or discussion group going. Have the groups discuss various ways of solving a problem.

3. Prepare well before the presentation or carry on...
My boss is doing all the last minute diagnosing on the problem during presentation, which I think is no good. Should prepare well first.

No comments: