19 June 2007

Learn Something New Everyday

Had lunch with an ex-colleague and husband 2 days ago, Syl and Mat.

Mat just move to another company recently.

Mat: ...I just resigned from my previous job, and move to an oil company, because there are no career advancement for me there. I don't have anything to do. Most of the employees there just sit around and do nothing...

If I am Mat, I definitely will not leave the company but starts to 'chase my dreams' during my free time in the company. That's what Do some self studying. I am trying to do this in my current workplace.

I regret I never did this when I was in my 20's. Wasted a lot of precious time doing nothing, especially in my first company.

I remember when I was in my 20s, a few of my seniors, in their 30s and 40s, always give me advice, never waste my time but I never listen to them.

Now, when I am in my 30s, I finally realized what they meant. If we want be become successful, we need to advance in our life! We need to take up challengers, to become a better person everyday; continue learning something new everyday.

No comments: